§1 Responsible body
The person responsible pursuant to Art. 4 para. 7 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR, in German DSGVO) is:
American Whiskey Academy
§2 Your rights
(1) You have legal rights vis-à-vis the person responsible under § 1 to
• Information according to Art. 15 GDPR
• Correction or deletion in accordance with Articles 15 and 16 GDPR
• Restriction of processing in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR
• Right to information in accordance with Art. 19 GDPR
• Objection to processing under Art. 21 GDPR
• Data transferability within the framework of Art. 20 GDPR
(2) In addition, you may file a complaint with the competent data protection supervisory authority regarding the processing of your personal data by the data controller. The contact details are as follows:
Bayerisches Landesamt für Datenschutzaufsicht
Promenade 27, 91522 Ansbach
Telefon: 0981 531300, Fax: 0981 53981300
§3 Collection of personal data when visiting the website
(1) We have concluded a contract with our German web hosting company for order data processing in accordance with Art. 28 GDPR.
(2) When you access our website, only data which your browser transmits to our server within the scope of this process and which is stored in log files is collected in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f) DSGVO. These data are all required for technical reasons and are generally not considered individual-related.
Data we collect:
• Browser type and browser version
• Operating system used
• IP address of the accessing computer
• Time of the server request
• Referrer URL (the previously visited page)
• Requested website or file
(2) In particular, the IP address is stored on the basis of Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 lit. f) to prevent misuse and to guarantee the functionality of our offer. These data are not combined with other data sources. The IP address will be deleted if we can rule out an attack on our Internet infrastructure. This happens regularly after eight days.
(3) To collect and retain this data in the present scope is absolutely necessary for the provision of the website, which is why you have no right of objection to this.
You can subscribe to a newsletter on our website. We use MailChimp as our marketing automation platform. You will be informed about the applicable data protection conditions and revocation options on the form before sending. This is not done on our website so data protection rules of MailChimp apply. A link to these rules is provided before you sign up.
Membership administration of the association
You can apply for admission to the American Whiskey Academy by filling out a PDF application form that can be downloaded from our website. The completed PDF form can be sent to us by post or fax.
This section briefly describes how we handle the data you provide. Required data are surname, first name, email address and date of birth (the latter is required, as only persons of full age can become members). Further voluntary information is also stored.
Only the president and the executive secretary handle personal data on a regular basis and are committed to careful processing in accordance with the principles of the GDPR. A list of processing activities is kept. Personal data is secured with established standard measures (including current operating systems and applications, password protection, regular backups, virus scanners and user rights). A written contract for order processing has been concluded with the Academy's web hosting company. There are no other external contractors. Membership fees are managed internally.
Data subjects receive certain information about the processing of their data before data collection and give their written consent. The persons concerned (e.g. members of the association) have the right to obtain information about the processing of their data.
Whenever the legal basis (e.g. tax retention obligation) for the storage of personal data no longer exists, this data will be deleted. As a rule, this is only the case, for example, after the resignation of an association member.
Should security incidents occur during the processing of personal data (e.g. theft, hacking, misdelivery, loss of devices with unencrypted club data), the Academy fulfils legal reporting obligations. There is no high risk for our members with regard to a data protection impact assessment.